Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Rambling #1 - Hair Products

I had two product questions last night when G and I were out shopping.

#1 - What could they possibly put in some of these hair products to justify their outrageous costs? Do they actually contain ingredients that are rare and hard to come by? What ingredients are in these things... anteater placenta, holy water, a baaaby?

Specifically, I was looking at the male hair product, Fiber by Crew. This little "puck" cost over $17. Granted it lasts for an eternity but it comes to over $4.00 an ounce. That is quickly approaching illegal narcotic prices. Right near it was Biosilk. This little bottle of conditioner or whatever cost a whopping $24 and had the audacity to include 1 sentence worth of directions on the back. They basically said, "put in hair." You think for $24 they would put some major selling points on there.

Anyway, I bought the Fiber, and passed on the Biosilk.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

So wait, what was question #2?

Anonymous said...

I swear by Biosilk. It's liquid slik and you can put it on your hair or body. AND IT'S MADE IN TEXAS!!!!

Anonymous said...

I meant silk, not slik. See, I got excited.

Daniel said...

Oh ya... I had another rant about electric toothbrushes but I got lost in the moment.

Anonymous said...

I hope you weren't going to rant on electric toothbrushes. I use (and like) mine alot. Have you ever used one? -Dad

Anonymous said...

i would pay a gagillion for fiber. what other product can make your hair look soooo good...yet sooooo natural. haha
mike

Anonymous said...

how bout this for a thought...why use anonymous then sign your name???

Daniel said...

Not really a negative rant on toothbrushes. It was more along the lines of "I went in to Bed Bath & Beyond to buy an electric toothbrush but saw all the choices and just gave up." I am still considering getting one.

*britt* said...

i have to agree with kristy, biosilk is pretty awesome. i used to steal my roommate's all the time (no way am i shelling out $24 for that!)

Anonymous said...

I swear by top of the line hair products. They leave my hair smooth and extra shiny. ^_^

Anonymous said...

about electirc toothbrushes, i would just use the shit that you can buy for 5 bucks and change with a battery. i had one of those fancy smancy ones and i'm no longer using it. the novlety wore off for me. as for shampoo- herbal essence 3 bucks a pop. --nina

Anonymous said...

I've tried the eletric tooth brush and it isn't for me. There's no substitution for manual power, it just feels cleaner!

Anonymous said...

WRONG! Electric toothbrushes rock and rule. In fact, they should make little crowns and red velvet robes that you can attach to them while not in use.